Monday, June 22, 2015

Read About Kaitlyn's Exciting Internship at Wartburg West




            Hello everyone! My name is Kaitlyn Williams and my internship placement for the summer is at Denver’s Department of Environmental Health focusing mostly on water quality and mosquito control. So far, my biggest project has been community outreach. I’m working on creating plans so that the community can know everything Denver is doing. A big part of this is taking scientific documents and translating them to a language someone with no scientific background can understand. I find this particularly exciting because it’s a great combination of my chemistry and communications majors!
            I think the best part of my internship was yesterday. I got to go up to Summit Lake which is very close to the peak of Mount Evans. There I assisted and was trained on taking samples. It was absolutely gorgeous weather and the view was amazing. We were watching the snow melt off the peak and run into the water we were sampling. On the way down we even got to see a pack of sheep running. I can’t believe how lucky I am to get to do things like that for my internship.
            Denver itself is absolutely amazing. I love that I’m able to do so many different things whether it's attending that weekend’s festival, going hiking, or eating dinner at a piano bar with friends. Wartburg West is an experience I will never forget and I’m having such a good time. I’m very glad I came out to Denver this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment