Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Carly Kinning Reflects Through Poetry on Greek Orthodox Church Experience



“A Reassuring Congregation”
I was nervous when entering this new congregation,
But a kind man gave me a welcome package.
I didn’t know where I could sit,
But friendly members guided us to the pews.
It was hard to follow along in the service,
But a gracious woman named Elaine guided me along.
I couldn’t understand the language,
But the singing was beautiful.
I knew little about Greek culture,
But Elaine and her daughter spoke with me about their lives.
I didn’t know if I should stay for coffee and Greek foods,
But I was personally invited to join.
I was nervous to try the different Greek foods,
But Elaine’s daughter assured me the Koliva was delicious.
I was nervous when entering this new congregation,
But I am thankful for the experience I have had. 

No comments:

Post a Comment