Thursday, November 15, 2012

Methodist Church Service- Jeremy Carper


 On Sunday October 6th, I attended a Methodist church service at Shorter African Methodists Episcopal Church. It was a longer service that lasted for about three hours, which gave me a new idea on what it really meant to praise Jesus.  There was standing up, hand gestures, and everyone spoke their mind when the preacher was talking. These outward expressions of faith are new to me personally since I come from a more reserved background that is Lutheran.  The few hundred congregants that attended the service really made the place fill up with a great atmosphere. This was a very new and eye opening experience that I was able to achieve because of the interesting topic of world religions for one of our classes at Wartburg West.

No comments:

Post a Comment