Monday, February 3, 2014

Big Impact for Brady Van Sickle


This past week I helped volunteer with the Metro Denver Homeless Initiative “Point in Time” Survey. Of all the things that I have done so far in Denver, this has had the biggest impact on me as a person. While doing the survey I sat down with a lot of great people that were going through a rough time in their life. I learned a lot about the varying reasons that cause a person to find themselves without a home, and it got me thinking about how easily it can happen to anyone.

The other thing that had a big impact on me was how positive almost everyone was. Being without a place to call home is probably the hardest thing a person can experience, and for the most part everyone I talked to were fairly positive, and highly optimistic. It just taught me a valuable lesson about finding joy in the hard times, and being appreciative of what you have because nothing in life is a guarantee.

No comments:

Post a Comment