Sunday, March 16, 2014

My Experience by Levie Zummak


 My experience at Wartburg West thus far has been nothing short of amazing. I was a little skeptical at first coming out here leaving my family and close friends behind, but so far I have loved my student-teaching placement and have enjoyed my time outside of the classroom as well. The weather here has been fantastic, the other students and faculty in the program has been supportive and kind people and I’m getting to meet alumni that represent the true beauty and integrity of Wartburg College.

My student-teaching placement at East Denver High School has been challenging, yet thrilling at the same time. Teaching at a true inner-city school is something that I would have never been able to do back in Northeast Iowa and I’m grateful for the opportunity. At East, I get the chance to work with students struggling with math and focus on building my math communication and classroom management skills.

Although I’m at the half-way point of my time here in Denver, it feels like I just arrived last week. I love Denver and I love this program and I highly encourage any Wartburg student that is the slightest bit interested to come out here and experience everything for yourself!   

No comments:

Post a Comment