Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Maria Munguia on the City, Mountains, and Adventures of Wartburg West

From small town Immokalee, Florida to small town Waverly, Iowa, I now find myself in the big city of Denver, Colorado. I always pictured myself living in a city, but I never imagined it to be this soon. I can’t believe I’m here, and I can’t believe I am living in Denver, Colorado. I have been exposed to the mountains, which is something I had never experienced before. Since I’ve been in Denver I have discovered a whole new Maria; I climbed Mount Elbert! I never in a million years thought I would be on the highest peak of Colorado, as I had never climbed anything before. I come from Florida, a pretty flat area with its occasional hill as you start heading up north. I didn’t think I could do the climb, but I did. I made it to the top of Mount Elbert, and that is so empowering for me to say. I felt like I was on top of the world, and I felt like I could do anything. I truly felt unstoppable, and amazing. We never think we can until we do it, and that’s why I say go for it.  I have learned how to live on my own so soon, and it has given me a glimpse at what will soon be my life and not just a semester experience. I have learned so much about Denver, and I can see why so many people are moving to this amazing city. I would be lying if I said I didn’t picture myself living here. There is so much to do, and not taking advantage of every opportunity here would be a loss to myself. I grew so much by leaving Florida and going to school in Iowa, and this experience is just helping me develop into the person I am called out to be. If you’re thinking about doing Wartburg West, I encourage you and support you. It may seem scary, but I promise you will love it just as much as I do. The mountains, the city, the adventures here are all calling your name. Do it, it’s so worth it. 
Blessings,
Maria Munguia

No comments:

Post a Comment