Friday, February 2, 2018

Ariana Gremmels Olson on Denver: A City Full of Opportunities

This past weekend, I traveled to Breckenridge, Colorado to see the amazing snow creations at the International Snow Sculpting Championships with a fellow Wartburg student and two wonderful Wartburg alums. While stuck on I-70 in Saturday ski traffic, one of the alums asked me what my favorite part of Denver has been so far. This was a tough question because I have enjoyed so many aspects of Denver. How was I to choose just one? Honestly, I didn’t. My answer to her difficult question was “the opportunities.”

In the three short weeks I have been in Denver, I have filled my days with so many opportunities to experience Denver and Colorado. From participating in SNOWGA, which is yoga on ice at the downtown ice rink, to downhill skiing for the first time during our weekend in Leadville, to attending the National Western Stock Show and Rodeo, Denver has been full of opportunities I would not have otherwise had in Iowa. It’s been a blessing to embrace these opportunities, and I look forward to the future opportunities Denver offers.

As I think about what Denver has already given me, it is hard not to think about all that Wartburg has given me in my four years. Being a senior in my last semester at Wartburg, I have so many fond memories from the last four years. Many of my favorite memories stem from the options and opportunities Wartburg makes available. From going to Nicaragua and New York City for two different May Term classes to studying abroad in Italy for a semester to now living in Denver, CO through Wartburg West, the possibilities Wartburg has given me have allowed me to see the world. These experiences have helped me grow as a student and global citizen.

Looking ahead to the months to come in Denver, I am already planning on engaging in many more opportunities that come my way! Some of these already include plans to attend the Boulder Symphony, cheer on the Denver Nuggets when they play the Golden State Warriors and, of course, more travel. Whatever the opportunities may be, I look forward to experiencing what they have to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment