Monday, February 18, 2013

An Abstract about the Interfaith Alliance from Mandy Grutzmacher


For my engaging politics assignment I have been following and going to events to learn more about the Interfaith Alliance of Colorado. It is a community of faith organization that promotes justice, diversity, respect and opportunity for all. I became interested in this organization because of their current involvement with the civil unions bill and all of the work they have done to support and promote it in the past.

I am very much in favor of supporting equality for same sex couples and was very interested in getting involved. I plan to attend various breakfasts, lunches and other one on one meetings as a guest of the Interfaith Alliance of Colorado, in order to find out more about what is being done to support civil unions. I will also be working with Jeremy Shaver, the executive director, to find out more about the organization. I have learned that Interfaith Alliance does not only support equality for LGBT individuals, but that they are also strong advocates for immigration reform and women’s reproductive rights.

From what I have learned in speaking with Jeremy thus far about Interfaith Alliance, I have found that it is so important to become involved within your state. Our senators hold more power than I think most people realize. We need to get involved in order to make a difference and a change. I know that I will continue to do so because of this experience. 

No comments:

Post a Comment