Thursday, June 19, 2014

From the Mile Wide City to the Mile High City - Amy Dunleavy

My name is Amy Dunleavy and I’m going to be a senior biology major in the fall. This summer I am interning with Dr. Dale Brown in the cardiovascular-pulmonary labs at the University of Colorado, Denver. Throughout the summer I will be working on various projects that will set the base work for future studies in the CU-CVP labs. Since it is early in the summer I have been doing a lot of observing and practicing different lab techniques. I will begin my own projects this coming week. So far my internship has been great and I look forward to seeing what the rest of the summer holds!

This past weekend a group of friends and I took a day trip to Colorado Springs. We visited the Air Force Academy, Garden of the Gods, and went on a hike in one of the nearby “recreational areas.”  The Air Force Academy and the Garden of the Gods were beautiful! However, my favorite part of the day was our hike. What we thought would be an easy hike turned into a pretty crazy adventure. A majority of our hike was straight up, with fairly loose gravel/rocks, and no obvious pathways. It was definitely not a “beginner” hike but was well worth the trip! I can’t wait to see what else this summer has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment