Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mountains Everywhere! - Emily Eckberg

These past few weeks have flown by. I am interning at the Colorado Neurological Institute, where I have gotten to shadow the occupational therapist (as occupational therapy is the career I plan on pursuing) as well as the physical therapists and speech pathologists, all of whom are people I enjoy and look forward to learning more from as the summer goes on. I have learned so much already about how the careers all work together, as well as insight into various neurological diseases such as MS and ALS. As a bonus, while working in the clinic gym, I get to see beautiful views of the mountains right outside the window!
 
When I am not interning or working at the bed and breakfast (which has been a completely different but fun experience), there has been plenty of other activities to keep busy with. There are so many places to hike and not enough time to get to them all, but many of us have been making the most of it. The large amount of snow in early June has led us to take trails less popular, but just as spectacular.  This past weekend took us to see Shrek the Musical at the Boulder dinner theatre, which was a lot of fun, as well as a drive up Mt. Evans, with delicious food afterwards. We were even able to experience a little Zimbabwean culture, eating traditional food with a concert to follow at a local church. I look forward to experiencing more of Denver and the surrounding areas in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment