Friday, July 25, 2014

It's More Than Just an Internship - Taylor Oswald

I can’t believe our time spent here in Denver is over in just a week! I have been interning at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Denver and it has been a blast. After a week spent in Denver and at the House I knew I was doing the right thing. Some of my tasks over the summer at the House consist of planning events, writing thanks yours, attending meetings, receiving/writing sponsorship, organizing camp information, and much more. I have enjoyed every second being out here in Denver and I will be sad to leave.  More than anything I think being out in Denver and having such a great internship it has taught me a lot about myself. This Wartburg West experience has allowed me to expand in so many areas and has taught me so much about myself that I never knew.

Wartburg West summers allow you so much free time on your weekends and days off. I spent most of my time doing outdoor activities. I have been hiking in multiple places such as, Estes, Breckenridge, Red Rocks, Garden of Gods, and little state parks. I also enjoy walking around to all the little boutiques, shops, and restaurants around the area. If you are here in the summer I recommend white water rafting, it’s a blast! There are so many wonderful free events I have taken advantage of. What has made this place great is you are always bumping into people that know someone from Iowa. There are always stories being told.


Wartburg West is such a great opportunity to find your true self and do things you would have never dreamed of doing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment