Monday, July 7, 2014

We're Halfway There - Liz Heying

First of all, I can't believe that my summer at Wartburg West is halfway over! My placement at Denver Parks & Recreation has been great. I have been working as a public relations intern and gaining a lot of new skills. These skills include designing, writing and event planning. I enjoy working here because it gives me insight into the beautiful parks and facilities that Denver offers, many of which the other Wartburg West students and I use on a daily basis and my supervisor and coworkers are very nice and helpful. I'm looking forward to attending some city council meetings and observing the process of moving new projects forward. 

When I haven't been interning, I think that I have taken full advantage of all the adventures that Colorado has to offer. I've been to the top of Mt. Evans (14,265 feet!), white water rafted down Clear Creek and even mustered enough courage to go cliff jumping! I don't think that there's been a day that I haven't come home exhausted from the day's activities. Even in Denver, just blocks from our apartments, you are never bored with the 16th Mall and the different festivals that take place almost every weekend. What makes these adventures even better are the people I get to spend them with. The friendships I've made here are irreplaceable... I don't think I've ever laughed as hard and as much as I have this summer.   

It's safe to say that I'll be bummed when it comes time head back to Iowa... but who knows I could end up back out here after graduation in May-- I'll admit to doing a little apartment hunting while I've been here.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment