Monday, July 14, 2014

#MileHighAdventures - Mollie Emerson

Just about to the 3/4th way done point! It’s an exciting but scary thought.  I’m out at Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU), located downtown on the Auraria Campus.  Being able to work in the admissions office with the Transfer Team has been an absolute joy! There are 6 of us that work really close together, and it's like a mini family.  I get told on a daily basis now that I’m not allowed to go back to Iowa at the end of the summer, which I will take as a good thing! They always joke that I can “transfer myself in” since I help students from other schools transfer all their classes into MSU. Even though I am a music major, I could definitely see myself in an office like this at some point in my life.  It’s been a fantastic environment to be in.  It’s also been fun to make lists of the similarities and differences between Wartburg and MSU!

I can’t say I’ve had a whole lot of down time here! We are always looking for new things to go explore and do.  I would say that my favorite activity so far is actually all the hiking in the mountains we’ve done.  That’s not something you get to do a lot in Iowa. I’ve had my fair share of falls (totally worth the battle scars) and gotten some crazy tan lines, but the view from the top/end point are what it’s all for.  A few of us joined a running club, so we enjoy our weekly 5k’s and free pasta! Other than that, we’ve attended a lot of festivals and fairs, along with baseball games and doing all the normal touristy things. I’ve definitely loved the weather out here, and my hair is very appreciative of the lower humidity rates.  

I have been so blessed to be able to have taken part in this program.  Before I came to Wartburg, I never would have dreamed to have an internship in a huge city, never the less in Denver.  I encourage any and all students to come out here if they have the chance.  It truly has been a once in a lifetime experience for me, coming from a small town.  Maybe down the road, I’ll come out here for good. But I will say, I never thought I’d have the chance to literally stand on top of the world (or a mountain) with my best friends.  It’s been absolutely wonderful :)

If you want to know a little more about what we’ve been up to on a more personal level, check out my blog for more details and pictures! www.molliesmilestones.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment